Protecting systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks are done by Cybersecurity. Cyberattacks are aimed at accessing, changing, or destroying sensitive information; extorting money from users or interrupting normal business processes.
Attackers are more innovative as implementing effective cybersecurity measures is extremely challenging today because there are more devices than people. To prevent, identify, eliminate, or isolate cyber threats completely by Cybersecurity Threat intelligence. It is used for understanding the threats that they have targeted any field or will be targeting any field, or currently targeting any fields.
An entire organization could be brought to its knees by Cyber threats that are downright terrifying. Cybersecurity Threat intelligence can help organizations to gain valuable knowledge about cyber threats by building an effective defense mechanism and mitigating the risks which could damage their bottom line and reputation. The targeted defense is required by the Targeted threats. The capability to defend more proactively is delivered by Cybersecurity threat intelligence.
Types of CTI
1. Strategic CTI: To create an overall view of the possibilities of a cyber attack by using a detailed analysis of trends as well as the emerging risks.
2. Tactical TI: To the people in an organization who are directly involved in the protection of the network by offering detailed specificity on TTP, i.e., threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures
3. Technical TI: To focus on the technical clues which are indicative of cybersecurity threats from the subject lines to phishing emails or fraudulent URLs.
4. Operational TI: To understand the nature of specific cyber-attacks by providing details of relevant factors like nature, timing, the intent, and sophistication of the group which is responsible for it as well by helping IT defenders.
To detect sophisticated and stealthy attacks in any network, Advanced Persistent Threat Detection is used. A targeted attack against a highly valued asset is APT. From gaining access to the customer information by stealing the IP of an organization to disrupt an entire business of an organization is done by APT.
• To stay up to date with the volume of the threats, vulnerabilities, and targets.
• To become proactive in future Cybersecurity threats.
• To provide the latest and up-to-date information’s about threats and repercussions.
What problem are you trying to solve?
Multiple security measures are in every organization to protect and secure their data. Vulnerabilities are used by the attackers to intrude those data from the organization. The problem to be solved is preventing such an attack which causes a cybersecurity breach.
Five Cyber Exposure phases for effective risk-based vulnerability management:
Discover: To identify vulnerabilities across the entire attack surface by identifying and mapping every asset across the computing environment to the inventory of all assets by identifying details which include the operating system, services, applications, and configurations which are performed regularly on an automated schedule.
Prioritize: Categorize the discovered assets into groups and assigning the risk-based prioritization based on criticality, threat context, and vulnerability severity to the organization.
Assess: For providing ongoing baseline overtime to eliminate the risk by understanding and assessing the cyber exposure of all assets which includes vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and other security health indicators.